A Message From Nancy Smith, Executive Director
The COVID-19 Pandemic impacts everyone. At Interval House of Hamilton, our commitment to women and children’s safety remains steadfast. We want you to know that we are still providing services to women with or without children who have experienced abuse, violence human trafficking or trauma. Our services are essential in saving and changing lives everyday.
Due to COVID-19 we have made some changes, some of which include:
- Restricted intakes which will include screening for COVID-19, assessments and other regulated requirements that are in place to support everyone’s health and wellness as directed by the Chief Public Health Officer of Canada and the Government of Canada. Please call our crisis line at 905-387-8881 or 905-387-9959.
- Visitors are restricted to essential services/businesses only.
- Crisis lines remain available for telephone support 905-387-8881.
Women’s Centre Hamilton / Flamborough Women’s Resource Centre / Jared’s Place
- Counseling is continuing via telephone only. If you wish counseling, support legal advocacy, housing, please call 905-387-9959 and ask to speak with a staff member from the Women’s Centre (Women’s Centre and Jared’s Place), 289-895-8580 (Flamborough),
- Groups are suspended.
- Outreach services are suspended.
While our traditional events have either been cancelled or postponed, we are busy exploring new strategies for events. We will be sending out more details as soon as possible.
On behalf of Interval House of Hamilton, we wish everyone good health.