Part Time Receptionist
Normal Hours of Work: Mon – Thur 8 am – 1 pm, Fri 8 am – noon
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Providing telephone service, reception and administrative support
- By staffing the reception area, the position is responsible for client and community relations by phone, email and in person to all callers and visitors.
- Promoting and implementing safe, secure and comfortable office, carrying out all organization and administrative functions associated with the assigned responsibilities some of which includes: record keeping, statistical data collecting and analysis, meeting minutes.
- Maintain the upkeep of office by stocking supplies and ensure office equipment in working order.
- To support fundraising events and building maintenance upkeep from time to time.
- Trouble shooting IT.
- Post secondary education such as a 2 year college diploma (from recognized institution) Administrative Assistant, Administrative Management, Business Management
- Valid First Aid/CPR certification, Vulnerable Sector Screening Clearance, WHMIS, AODA, Occupational Health and Safety, Safe Food Handling, PMAB
- Valid Ontario Driver’s License and road worthy and insured vehicle for work would be an asset
- Bilingual (French and English) or 2nd language preferred.
Skills and Experience:
- Process oriented
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must work well in a team environment
- Computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office applications; Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Flexibility, with the temperament and skills to manage change in a rapidly evolving environment.
- Ability to represent the Interval House of Hamilton professionally and in accordance with the values and priorities of the organization.
- Minimum one year related experience would be an asset
PLEASE FORWARD RESUME & LETTER OF INTEREST describing your skills, competencies and experiences along with a current resume by 4 pm April 21,2021 to:
Interval House of Hamilton,
630 Sanatorium Road, Hamilton, ON, L9C 7S7
or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
We are a non-faith based organization committed to full inclusion and thus encourage members of diverse communities to apply (racialized; GLBTQ2S, abilities, newcomers, etc.) Interval House of Hamilton is an equal opportunity employer so please notify us of any workplace accommodations needed at the time of the interview. Interval House of Hamilton is committed to fostering an equitable, diverse, and inclusive workforce. In extension, the Interval House of Hamilton recognizes that a diverse staff team working in an inclusive environment will make superior and more innovative decisions, better serving the Interval House of Hamilton organization and consequently the population it serves.
NOTE: No resumes will be accepted after the deadline and only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
FRONT LINE SHELTER RELIEF
Relief Staff are vital to our agency in providing casual, on call coverage for the shelter. We are in need of multiple relief staff who are available to work a variety of shifts sometimes with short notice in our 24/7 facility. Shifts can range from Monday-Friday's, overnights, weekends and holidays.
Interval House of Hamilton is a SEIU unionized workplace.
The Front-Line Shelter Relief Staff should give support to, and contribute to, the case management goals, plans, and strategies for women and their children in the shelter. They encourage a caring, healthy, safe and positive work and residential setting for women in the shelter. Workers assist woman, and case-management, to asses and plan for her personal safety, coping (harm reduction if necessary), counselling and legal supports needs/requirements. They promote weekly support groups and activities to help women through this difficult time in their lives, and provide productive outlets for them to promote personal growth and healing. Counsellors work to prevent, manage and defuse any behavioural issues that arise within the shelter and to help them manage the personal and emotional issues that are causing them to act this way.
SKILLS AND COMPENTENCIES REQUIRED
- Action oriented
- Approachability & Humour
- Client focus
- Crisis management/conflict resolution
- Decision quality and results driven,
- Diversity and inclusion practice
- Ethics and Values
- Excellent written and verbal skills,
- Feminist based counseling
- Integrity & Trust
- Interpersonal & Political Savvy
- Sound knowledge legislation affecting abused women
- Technical Skills
- Working knowledge of harm reduction strategies
Undergraduate degree in Social Work (from recognized University/College) or related disciplines.
Minimum two years’ experience working in Women’s Services and preference to residential setting. Experience with group facilitation and program planning. Experience working with high risk women and working with Stages of Change model an asset.
Valid First Aid/CPR certification, Valid ASSIST Certification, Valid PMAB/CPI/UMAB Certification, valid Ontario driver’s license and own vehicle or access to, as well as the appropriate corresponding insurance. Be educated in harm reduction strategies and practices. Member of College of Social Work, bi-lingual or a second language an asset.
A residential women’s shelter environment is fast past, continuously changing and crisis management communal work. Employees will work with diverse groups of women and children in traumatic emotional states, and must be willing to assist them with personal care items, assist with communal living, conflict management, crisis counselling and advocate for women with community and justice services.
Front-line relief staff are expected to do a reasonable amount of work in the office due to documentation and therefore some sitting is required. However, staff must also maintain a presence on the floor and assist the women with their reasonable daily needs.
Hours of Work: Work is part time and call-in relief. The employee needs to recognize that part time relief work does not offer a predictable work schedule, however guaranteed 1 to 2 shifts per schedule under the terms provided upon employment.
PLEASE FORWARD RESUME & LETTER OF INTEREST describing your skills, competencies and experiences and your knowledge of feminist counselling along with a current resume
By email: email@example.com
By mail: 630 Sanatorium Road, Hamilton, ON, L9C 7S7
NO PHONE CALLS
Please provide any accommodations required if selected for an interview