Interval House of Hamilton would like to show their support for Virtual Take Back the Night 2020!
Please help support 100 KM IN A DAY – October 9, 2020
Join Bryan as he walks 100km in 24 hours in support of Interval House of Hamilton! Last year's event raised over $6,000. Help us reach this year's goal of $10,000! Find out more here.
"I watched my mother overcome a terrible marriage over the course of 7 years, and when she had finally had the courage to leave, she woke my sister and I in the middle of night. She had packed a garbage bag full of clothes for each of us, and we began the long walk to the nearest corner store to call a taxi to get us to the city. The walk was 6km down a long, dark country road. It may have well been 25km as I was an 80lb 11 year old boy dragging a bag of belongings." – Bryan Smith
Listen to Bryan's personal story here (CLICK ON EPISODE #2)
Gourmet Dinner at Home with Carmen’s in support of Interval House of Hamilton
EXTENDED DEADLINE! Purchase your dinners by September 8!
Join us on Saturday, September 12 for a delicious dining experience! We have partnered with Carmen’s Group to bring you a delicious dinner, as well as virtual dinner music by Dave Tabone. Enjoy a great evening from the comfort of your home in support of Interval House of Hamilton.
Dinner is $50 per person and includes a $20 donation (with a tax receipt for this portion) to Interval House of Hamilton, and also includes a chance to win a fabulous door prize! Your contribution will help the many women, with or without children, who are experiencing abuse, violence or human trafficking during the COVID-19 pandemic. Home is NOT a safe place for everyone.
Dinner will be prepared in advance by the chef at Carmen’s Group and consists of the following:
- Caesar Salad - romaine, pancetta, shaved asiago, house croutons & creamy garlic dressing
- Bolognese Lasagna
- Seared Chicken Supreme finished with lemon & garlic reduction. Accompanied by seasonal vegetable and herb roasted potatoes.
- Spinach and ricotta lasagna
- Stuffed Acorn Squash
(in lieu of bolognese lasagna and chicken supreme)
- Gluten-Free Pasta in Tomato Basil Sauce
- Gluten-Free Dessert
(in lieu of lasagna and cheesecake)
This dinner is nut free.
If you are interested in the vegetarian or gluten-free options please email: email@example.com.
To purchase your dinner CLICK HERE
Choose “CARMEN’S DINNER” from the donation drop-down menu.
DEADLINE TO PURCHASE DINNERS HAS BEEN EXTENDED THROUGH SEPTEMBER 8!
Dinners can be picked up at the front of Carmen’s Banquet Centre (1520 Stone Church Rd. E, Hamilton) on Saturday, September 12 from 4-6pm. Please bring your proof of donation/receipt when you pick up your dinner.
VIRTUAL Wine Tasting at Pearl Morissette
Join us JUNE 25 at 8 p.m. for a virtual wine tasting at Pearl Morissette from the comfort of your home! Enjoy expertly selected wines while we taste together with a portion of the proceeds from the wine packages purchased going to Interval House of Hamilton! It’s simple — order the suggested 6-pack, then log on to the ZOOM event for a tasting of the wines, where you can ask questions and learn from the Pearl Morissette winemaker!
* If you do not wish to take part in the tasting, you can still purchase the wine and give back to Interval House of Hamilton!
1) PURCHASE WINE PACKAGE HERE: pearlmorissette.com
Scroll down to “SHOP” to purchase the following wines to create the suggested 6-pack, featuring the wines that will be showcased in the tasting!
• 3x Roselana (our rosé) - $25/btl
• 3x Primesautier (red blend) - $25/btl
Total: $151.20 (includes tax + $0.20/btl deposit)
* Delivery is not available so close to the event, but we welcome you to join still and take part in our curbside pick up! Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
2) REGISTER FOR VIRTUAL WINE TASTING HERE: ZOOM REGISTRATION
3) On June 25, get your bottles ready, get comfy, log onto ZOOM and have a great time with us!
Do you have children aged 12 and under that would love to take part in a colouring contest in support of Interval House of Hamilton?
Help us change and save lives by entering our Mini Hero Colouring Contest!
It’s a great activity for children to join together to make a difference in their community in a fun and creative way!
Bring a smile to the faces of the women and children who are residents at Interval House of Hamilton during the COVID-19 Pandemic while helping us raise critical funds by taking part in our Mini Hero Colouring Contest. We need your help more than ever as violence and abuse increases during times of stress, financial strain and job loss. Together, we can make a difference!
1. Go to intervalhousehamilton.org/donations and select “Mini Hero Colouring Contest” from the dropdown menu to pay $5 to enter.
2. You will receive three digital colouring pages to choose from within two business days of us receiving your donation. Choose your favourite one to be coloured in by your child. Email us back a scan to email@example.com We will display the coloured sheets on the wall at our emergency shelter for the residents to enjoy!
3. Contest runs from May 15-June 5. Winner will be randomly chosen and will be contacted June 12. Winner will receive a special gift bag filled with all sorts of arts supplies, colouring books and more! Plus, their entry will be displayed at the Emergency Shelter.
We can’t wait to see your artwork!